E-mail Configuration for Mac Mail
Required: An E-mail account should aready be created on the UF Exchange Server. Note that these instructions are to be used if you have a wired campus Internet connection or a uf VPN connection.
- For Snow Leopard OS (10.6) or later use: mail.ufl.edu for the incoming server address.
- For Leopard OS (10.5) or earlier use: imap.mail.ufl.edu for the incoming server address.
Note: Instructions feature Snow Leopard OS.
Click on the Mail icon on the Dock
If Mail has already setup an account, please use File > Add Account to get the setup windows up. Otherwise, a screen like the one below will show up. Enter the Full name, Email address and Password. Click Continue.
– Account Type: Exchange
– Description: Your choice, i.e. UF Exchange Mailbox
– Incoming Mail Server: mail.ufl.edu
– User Name: user’s GatorLink username
– Password: GatorLink password
– Please wait while your Mac Mail is ‘Checking connection to Mail Server’
Keep SSL checked.
At Outgoing Mail Server, fill in the fields below and then click Continue
– Description: Your choice. i.e. UF Exchange Mailbox
– Outgoing mail server: mail.ufl.edu
– Check “Use Authentication”
– User name: user’s username
– Password: appropriate password
Enter Email address and click Next
Check the settings on Account Summary and go back to change information if needed. Otherwise, place a check on ‘take account online’ and click Create
You are finished!