Skype for Business Online for Students
Beginning on May 1st, 2017, UF Students are hosted in the Skype for Business Online within Office 365. There are some differences between the UF Skype and Skype for Business Online you should be aware of.
- The instant messaging and contact management interfaces in Outlook Web App (OWA) will change. After your migration, a new Skype logo will appear in the top icon bar. Clicking on that icon will open the IM and contact management application.
• For more information on Instant Messaging or managing contacts please refer to the following Microsoft documentation: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-Skype-for-Business-from-within-Outlook-on-the-web-b8fa449e-4ee4-4cde-9083-ccdb710a6503
- Any reoccurring or future meetings you have must be recreated.
- New meetings will have a meet.lync.com url rather than uc-meet.ufl.edu
- New meetings will no longer have a dial-in conferencing number associated with them. Participants can still use the Skype clients for PC, Mac, IOS, Android, and the Skype Web App to join meetings.
- UFIT recommends that Students use the Skype for Business client from the Office 365 ProPlus subscription. This will ensure that you are always at the latest version. To download the Office 365 ProPlus software please visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/gatorcloud/free-software-downloads-office-365-proplus/get-o365-proplus/